Is This Thing On?
m***@mikea.ath.cx
2021-07-14 02:43:33 UTC
Testing. Testing. Testing.
Is This Thing ON?
--
"I div. off. 4 cl; clvr, lzy, indstr, stupid. 2/off. clvr+indstr = staff;
stupid+lzy = gunfodder; clvr+lzy = high command (temper & nerves good for
all situations); stupid+indstr = menace, dispose of."
-- Gen. Kurt Hammerstein-Equord (1878-1943), McQ-ed by Jan Ingvoldstad
Niklas Karlsson
2021-07-14 08:00:44 UTC
Post by m***@mikea.ath.cx
Testing. Testing. Testing.
Is This Thing ON?
Affirmative!

Niklas
--
So, um. Some people, when they were children, at some point
accidentally found their parents' pr0n. I, instead, accidentally
-- Jed Davis, asr
hymie!
2021-07-15 13:18:46 UTC
SYN
SYN ACK

--hymie! http://nasalinux.net/~hymie ***@nasalinux.net
Erwan David
2021-07-15 16:10:32 UTC
Post by hymie!
SYN
SYN ACK
ACK
Les simplifications c'est trop compliqué
Gary Barnes
2021-07-16 03:14:47 UTC
On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:43:33 -0500, ***@mikea.ath.cx
<***@mikea.ath.cx> wrote:
: Testing. Testing. Testing.
: Is This Thing ON?

Not worth speaking of, no.

Gaz
--
/\./\
( - - ) ***@adminspotting.org (Gary "Wolf" Barnes)
~~~
c***@nospam.com
2021-07-16 10:25:32 UTC
Post by Gary Barnes
: Testing. Testing. Testing.
: Is This Thing ON?
Not worth speaking of, no.
Gaz
Most of us oldpharts can be found occasionally in the farcebook monastery.
very quiet.
http://www.netunix.com/
Roger Bell_West
2021-07-16 10:29:12 UTC
Post by c***@nospam.com
Most of us oldpharts can be found occasionally in the farcebook monastery.
very quiet.
I wonder why.

"We have a group for professionally paranoid people, being run on a
platform which veers between actively evil and merely
privacy-manglingly incompetent."
--
My response to such people? "If you haven't got time to RTFM, you
haven't got time to whine on Usenet about it".
-- Chris King
Gary Barnes
2021-07-18 03:09:04 UTC
On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:29:12 -0000 (UTC), Roger Bell_West
<roger+***@nospam.firedrake.org> wrote:
: On 2021-07-16, ***@nospam.com wrote:
: >Most of us oldpharts can be found occasionally in the farcebook monastery.
: >very quiet.
:
: I wonder why.
:
: "We have a group for professionally paranoid people, being run on a
: platform which veers between actively evil and merely
: privacy-manglingly incompetent."

I was not even aware of such a thing, but then, I don't do soshul meejah.

For keeping up with BOFHs, I glance at the other place, but that's it.

I even had an email from Simon this last week out of the blue, and I'm still
struggling to work out what prompted it.

*shrug*

Gaz
--
/\./\
~~~
Satya
2021-07-20 10:59:03 UTC
Post by Gary Barnes
For keeping up with BOFHs, I glance at the other place, but that's it.
~25 years later, I still don't know what the other place is.

I'm not asking, mind.

ObASR:
"Maybe I’m showing my age here, but what is Vim?" -- seen on erqqvg
Spock? Why aren't you dead?
Roger Bell_West
2021-07-20 11:37:57 UTC
Post by Satya
"Maybe I’m showing my age here, but what is Vim?" -- seen on erqqvg
An editor that fundamentally misunderstands both the nature and the
purpose of its inspiration.

(Hint: it doesn't have _modes_, it has _commands_.)
--
FWIH Alladvantage are heading for bankruptcy only slightly faster than
a perfectly-spherical teflon-coated elephant sliding down a greased
-- Tanuki the Raccoon-dog
Alexander Schreiber
2021-09-02 11:34:47 UTC
Post by m***@mikea.ath.cx